MINUTES – MALLTRAETH YMLAEN
WEDNESDAY 28 OCTOBER 2015
A warm welcome was given by the Chairman to all residents and guests who attended the meeting.
PRESENT: Dafydd Jones (Chairman), Sheila Jones (Secretary), Peter Garbutt, Rachel Sayer, Gwilym Davies, Helen Evans, Gareth Evans, Eric Howarth, Andrew Hughes.
APOLOGIES: Margaret Rarity-Hughes, Judith Williams, Elfyn Roberts, Capell Aris,
Vanda & Mike Bourhill, Alan & Gill Smith, Dorothy Dale, PCSO Alison Williams,
Kathleen Beavis, Ann Perkins, Jeff Hughes, Henri Hughes, Julie Hind, Richard Coe,
Aled Roberts, Tony Barton.
CO-OPTED MEMBERS: Cllr A Griffith, Cllr P Rogers.
19 residents in attendance.
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 16 SEPTEMBER 2015 & MATTERS ARISING: Minutes were proposed as a true record by Andrew Hughes and seconded by many in attendance. No matters arising.
POLICING MATTERS: No representative available to attend. The subject of speeding vehicles through Malltraeth and Bethel was discussed.
FUTURE OF THE COMMUNITY CENTRE – UPDATE: Dafydd stated that the Council and our local representatives have reached an impasse, and the next step could be litigation, which would be very costly. The Council have made an offer to sell the site to us, but we cannot afford to buy it. The Community Centre Management Committee will meet next Tuesday evening to discuss this issue further, and to formulate proposals as suggested by the solicitors. Dafydd also mentioned that the Council are prepared to buy the community out of the lease of the Centre and will support us in obtaining new facilities. Enquiries have been made with the National Lottery Fund, who have directed Dafydd to the “People & Places” fund which could possible help with community services and community buildings if an application was successful. Cllr P Rogers praised Dafydd’s efforts with this issue and for all the work he had done on our behalf with the lease.
SPIRIT OF 12 – 14 (OLYMPIC LEGACY FUNDING): Nothing to report, but Dafydd is concerned regarding the community panel who have no knowledge of what is going on.
PARKING RESTRICTIONS – CABLE BAY/TY’N TOWYN: These areas are owned by the Bodorgan Estate. It appears that there are problems of mis-use of the car parks. The new pay and display rules are now in use at both parks. Bodorgan Estate staff are responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of these two parks. At present, they have been miss-used by the public who are having BBQ’s and parties at the parks, and also camper vans are parking overnight and disposing of their human waste at both parking areas.
RDP 3 EUROPEAN FUNDING – IDENTIFY FUTURE PROJECTS/EXPRESSIONS OF INETEREST SPIRT 12/14: Dafydd has had a very productive meeting with Elfyn and Jackie at Menter Môn, and asked all present to think of future projects for our area. Some of the suggestions made were:-
- Benches along the cob with better access for Disabled persons.
- Improve access to St Cadwaladr’s Church, Llangadwaladr – the whole area is un-lit.
- The third bell at St Cadwaladr’s Church – is the bell tower strong enough for it to be placed back.
- A pot of money to enable community events in the area.
- Eglwys Crist-y-Brenin at Malltraeth has a small garden belonging to it, and needs to be paved and have Disabled access into it.
BETHEL ROAD IMPROVEMENTS: Work on the proposed new pavement at Maes Glas, Bethel, should start next year.
POSSIBLE CURRY NIGHT 2016: Proposed to be held early in 2016 as a fundraising event with a quiz. All present agreed.
HORIZON COMMUNITY FUNDING: Dafydd has completed the application form and is hoping to obtain a storage container for the School and Community Centre.
HALLOWEEN PARTY: This will take place on Friday 30 October.
2015 PENSIONERS CHRISTMAS LUNCH: This event will take place on Wednesday 16 December. [Since changed to Tuesday the 15th December].
- A local resident complained about dogs fouling on the footpath from Malltraeth up to the School. Cllr Ann Griffith will contact the Dog Warden.
- School Modernisation – Cllr A Griffith reported that she had recently attended a statutory meeting – Parc-y-Bont School, together with Brynsiencyn School will be running as they are, but Llangaffo, Bodorgan and Dwyran Schools will be closing in order for a new “Super School” to be built in Newborough.
- Cllr A Griffiths reported that consultations will be coming soon from the Council regarding the care of the elderly.
BODRGAN FORTHCOMING EVENTS:-
- Friday 30 October – Halloween Disco, Community Centre
- Saturday 31 October – Rabbit Show, Community Centre
- Saturday 7 November - Llangadwaladr Christmas Fair, Community Centre
- Friday 13 November – Concert arranged by St Cadwaladr Church – Community Centre
- Saturday 5 December – Christmas Fair, Eglwys Crist-y-Brenin, Malltraeth
- Tuesday 15th December – Bodorgan Pensioners Lunch, Community Centre
1st prize £30 No 252 Delyth Thomas, Hermon
2nd prize £20 No 234 Jim Wilson, Chip Shop, Malltraeth
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
- Red Squirrel Talk at Newborough – 7 until 9pm 15 December.
- Menai Science Park – Open Discusdsion at Disgwylfa Chapel Vestry, Gaerwen on Thursday 29 October 10.30 am until 7.30 pm.
- New Overhead Power Line from Wylfa to Pentir – Dafydd to make observations to the National Grid on our group’s behalf.
- An offer of £25 has been made and accepted for the tour of Manchester United Stadium.
- Village Carols, Malltraeth – This will take place on 22 December. Meeting at 5.30 pm at Eglwys Crist-y-Brenin. A suggestion was made to have the carol singing at Eglwys Crist-y-Brenin and for the congregation to leave donations there. Another suggestion was to have the carol singing at Clwt Glas. After a discussion, it was decided to send a note to all the households at Malltraeth to inform them that the carol singing will be taking place.
- Mushroom Identification – Llyn Parc Mawr on Sunday 1 November, from 10 am. All welcome.
- Bodorgan Players – Peter Garbutt and Kathleen Beavis are willing to do rehearsals – names required.
DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING:
WEDNESDAY 25 NOVEMBER 2015 AT 7.00 PM
BODORGAN COMMUNITY CENTRE
ALL RESIDENTS WELCOME