MINUTES OF MALLTRAETH YMLAEN
WEDNESDAY 23 MARCH 2016
A warm welcome was given by the Chairman to all residents and guests who attended the meeting.
PRESENT: Dafydd Jones (Chairman), Sheila Jones (Secretary), Andrew Hughes,
Peter Garbutt, Gareth Evans, Helen Evans.
APOLOGIES: Gwilym Davies, Dr & Mrs S Lyon, Christine Rogers, Hilary Cooke,
Peter Hughes, Margaret Rarity-Hughes, Julie Hind, PCSO Alison Williams, Kathleen Beavis, Rachel Sayer, Eric Howarth, Ann Perkins, Cllr P Rogers, Glenys Jones, Jeff Hughes,
Su Pearson, Tony Barton.
CO-OPTED MEMBERS: Cllr A Griffith
GUESTS: Rachel Argyle, Medrwn Môn.
13 residents in attendance.
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 24 FEBRUARY 2016 & MATTERS ARISING: Minutes were proposed as a true record and unanimously agreed by the group.
- Solar Panels – A new application has been submitted for an extension of the site at Bryn Rodyn, Gwalchmai. A resident asked again regarding the Council having a separate policy as regards solar panel applications.
POLICING MATTERS: No representative of the NW Police available to attend.
COMMUNITY VOICE CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT OFFICER: Rachel Argyle of Medrwn Môn was welcomed to the meeting. She explained that Community Voice is part of the voluntary services based as Medrwn Môn, Llangefni. Rachel is setting up a Citizen Advice panel on Anglesey which allows the public to voice their opinions on different subjects – leisure, health, youth services, public services etc. Launch event at Town Hall, Llangefni, Tuesday 29 March at 3.30 pm until 6.30 pm, and all residents are welcome to attend. Rachel was thanked for attending our meeting.
FOURTEEN PANEL – FUNDING APPLICATION UPDATE: Dafydd reported that at the last panel meeting, expressions of dissatisfaction as regards the way that funding were made. The panel’s agendas and minutes cannot be made public, and a letter had been sent to the panel complaining about the lack of transparency in the allocation of funds.
FUN DAY 9TH JULY 2016: This event will be held at Bodorgan Community Centre. Dafydd has ordered some equipment already.
FUTURE OF THE COMMUNITY CENTRE: Nothing further to report.
ISLE OF ANGLESEY CHARITABLE TRUST: Dafydd suggested that the group apply for a grant for new tables and chairs for the Community Centre. A suggestion was made that we also apply for a large moveable television for the School Hall. Applications should be submitted by 6 May. All present agreed to proceed with the application.
CURRY & QUIZ NIGHT: To be held Tuesday 12 April 2016. Arrangements are all in hand. Tickets will be £5 per person.
COMMUNITY WEBSITE: Charles Harvey was thanked for his assistance in updating the group’s website. Any volunteers welcome to help with the website. A suggestion was made that we apply to the 14 Olympic Funding to update and re-jig the website.
150 CLUB: Money for tickets still outstanding. Dafydd will chase up.
- Dog Fouling – Dafydd has forwarded an e-mail which he received from Bodorgan School – “Llais Bach” are carrying out an online survey regarding dog fouling on the cob at Malltraeth.
- Pot holes near the car park in Malltraeth – Cllr A Griffith has received word that the work of filling in the pot holes has now been completed.
- Health & Welfare Legislation – Cllr A Griffith stated that this comes into effect on 6 April, concerning challenges which lie ahead with the elderly as demands on the social services and local government are looking at budget cuts. All future assessments will be concentrated on individual needs. More information on local authority’s website.
- Gypsies & Travellers – It is understood that the Ministry of Defence have objected to the proposed site at Mona.
- Traffic Mirror at Bryn Poeth, Bethel has been moved, possibly due to severe wind.
Cllr A Griffith to follow up.
- It was reported that the road improvements at Bethel are proposed to start in 2017.
BODORGAN – FORTHCOMING EVENTS: None to report.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
- Capel Aris stated that the National Grid will be giving their report regarding the consultation revealing their plans in September.
- Open Studios – These will be open every day until 3 April – closed Easter Sunday.
- Roadside litter in the area between the School and Bethel. Cllr A Griffith to follow up.
- Black Refuse Bins – Cllr A Griffith reported that the cost of replacement black refuse bind from the local authority will rise to £30 from 1 April. The local authority will not allow payment for bins by instalments.
DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING:
WEDNESDAY 27 APRIL 2016, AT 7.00 PM
BODORGAN COMMUNITY CENTRE
ALL RESIDENTS WELCOME